Quick and Easy Thin Mint Cookies
To know me, I love to cook, but I love to cut corners as long as it doesn’t take away from tasting good! And let me tell you, this recipe is QUICK and EASY! If you like Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, you will love these!!!
- 1 sleeve of regular Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 package of Chocolate Flavored Almond Bark
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Sprinkles or crushed candies (I used Betty Crocker Nonpareils in Christmas colors)
Microwave 1/2 the package of almond bark until melted mixing every 30 seconds. Add in peppermint extract and stir well.Submerge Ritz Crackers into almond bark/peppermint mixture and lift out with a fork. Place on aluminum foil or wax paper and decorate with sprinkles or candy bits.
Heat in 30-second increments, and mix well. It will take 2-3 times to have the almond bark melt all the way.
Once the bark is melted mix in the peppermint extract.
Make sure to fully cover the cracker by submerging it into the melted mixture. It’s easiest to remove the covered cracker from the mixture with a fork.
Make sure to add the toppings before the chocolate hardens. I used the Betty Crocker Nonpareils here, but crushed peppermint candy looks and tastes great too!
I make these every year. My girls love to help and give them as yummy teacher gifts. They also are always a great addition to our family cookie platter that I will share with you in the upcoming weeks.
I participated in The Great Cookie Swap 2012. I along with close to 600 other bloggers from 8 countries, raised nearly $4,600 for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. A special thank you to OXO‘s for matching the bloggers contributions.
Please consider following both on Facebook –
Latest posts by Trippin with Tara (see all)
- Domhnall Gleeson Plays General Hux - December 14, 2017
- Cast of The Last Jedi Interview - December 13, 2017
- Gwendoline Christie plays Captain Phasma in The Last Jedi - December 12, 2017