During my press trip for the #ThorRagnarokEvent, we got to play with Star Wars and littleBits Droid Inventor Kit. It’s a super cool kit that encourages young builders to use their full potential to take all they think they know and throw it out the window. Encouraging mistakes, make it safe to fail, figure out any dilemmas all while implementing light bulb ideas. Watching it all come together is what it’s all about. And there’s even a super cool contest that the judges include The Last Jedi‘s Kelly Marie Tran, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, and Daisy Ridley. All the fun details are below!
While on the press trip, littleBits treated us to lunch and a little time to do a little “inventing” of our own. As you can see, we are far from pros, but we had SO much fun!
Anyone with a little imagination and creativity will want to add the Star Wars and littleBits Droid Inventor Kit to their Christmas list. Inventors Wanted –
Kids can create their own custom Droid and bring it to life it with littleBits electronic blocks.
- Create a Droid from scratch
- Go on 16+ missions in the free app
- Customize & reconfigure for new powers
The kit comes with everything kids need to create and control their own Droid – right down to the battery – plus stickers and extra accessories.
- Includes 6 Bits, 20 Droid parts & 3 sticker sheets
- Find instructions in the free app
- Comes loaded with 20 authentic Droid sounds
FREE DROID INVENTOR APP
Send kids to Droid Inventor training! They’ll be guided through initial instructions, adventures like obstacle courses, and new Droid powers.
- Access all step-by-step video instructions in app
- Features 16+ missions & activities
- Control in Drive Mode, Force Mode, Self Nav & more
Stickers and missions help kids get creative – inventing their own Droid with crafts & household objects, and giving it its own unique personality.
- Rearrange electronic blocks for new powers
- Add custom bodies, heads, and more
- Decorate blank stickers for a distinct style
LITTLEBITS ELECTRONIC BLOCKS
The Droid Inventor Kit is brought to life with littleBits – electronic blocks (called Bits) that snap together with magnets, making inventing simple and accessible.
- Kids use their brains & hands to make their own toys
- Inventing challenges kids to think critically and get creative
- Bluetooth connects to smart devices for smart screen time
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN PRIZES
Create your submission for the littleBits Competition: Droid Inventor Kit and you could be headed to Lucasfilm HQ!
Use your kit to invent a new Droid and enter the littleBits competition: Droid Inventor Kit. 6 Droid Inventors will win prizes like kits, shopping sprees, and a trip to Disney!
- Create up to 10 custom Droids to enter the competition
- Judges include Rey from Star Wars & the president of Lucasfilm
- 2 levels of competition mean more chances to win
Shop NOW and SAVE
I was given littleBits to build and experience as part of a Disney press trip to share with my readers. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Trippin with Tara (see all)
- Domhnall Gleeson Plays General Hux - December 14, 2017
- Cast of The Last Jedi Interview - December 13, 2017
- Gwendoline Christie plays Captain Phasma in The Last Jedi - December 12, 2017