2012 Nissan Quest Review
I was recently given the opportunity to drive the gorgeous 2012 Nissan Quest LE from Sutherlin Nissan of Orlando. I love the Quest. It was so hard to return. There are so many amazing features, and it drives like a dream. I never thought of myself as a minivan type of person. This may have changed and here are a few of the reasons why.
The trunk space – I had so much room. A family of four on a road trip vacation would be very comfortable. Luggage, shopping bags, sports equipment, whatever you are needing the extra room for back there – you will have no problem!
For those Christmas gifts, or just needing extra space with the back row up, no problem! There is the deep compartment in the trunk space that has two separate removable lids. It’s nice to have for whether you have the seats up or down. It kind of gives you stackable storage if you will. You can put stuff in the compartment and then close it and still use the trunk space.
As you can see here, my daughter and some of her best friends planned a day of basketball and outdoor fun, and there is plenty of room for these 5 teens in the back 2 rows! They brought down the screen to see what it would be like to watch a movie back there too! It was easy to see they all loved this van!
So many buttons! This vehicle offers so many great features. Heated seats, buttons to release the back row, buttons to open the back doors and trunk, buttons to turn on the cars blind spot alert (one of my favorite features!) And even a button to turn on the outlet for a regular plug! This van is not only a parent’s dream, but also a techie’s dream.
The clean air system is something that proves Nissan thought of everything when it came to this van. The clean air system is first in its class.
One of the most innovative and certain to be appreciated new technologies is the Quest LE’s standard Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with Plasmacluster air purifier, Grape Polyphenol Filter and auto recirculation control. The system works three ways to help reduce allergens and unwanted odors within the Quest cabin. Its automatic intake control utilizes sensors to constantly monitor outside odors and automatically closes the intake port to prevent inflow of exhaust fumes or other unpleasant smells into the interior. It then restores fresh air flow automatically when the offensive odors have passed.
The ACCS also employs a Grape Polyphenol Filter to help reduce the number of harmful allergens in the interior air. Finally, an advanced Plasmacluster purifier, generates ions to “scrub” the interior air of unwanted odors–whether they come from outside or inside the vehicle.
This is 2 of 16 cup holders! Yes, 16, and if you and your family is anything like mine, then this is a feature that will get used! Also, to make things easy and practical, the middle console is removable. So it’s easy to get in and out through the middle or also if you need the space when the seats are down, it comes right out. Super easy to do too.
I always check my outside mirrors while changing lanes, but check out this awesome feature. Quest’s available Blind Spot Warning System uses radar to do just that for you. When the Quest detects a vehicle in the blind spot area, an indicator lights up on the side mirror. If you put on your turn signal, the indicator flashes and you’ll hear a warning chime. I love this feature!
It’s really nice to have the USB plug for charging your phone and/or playing music from your iPod or iPhone. It also has a bluetooth for hands free calling, which also allows for voice activated calls and even text messaging.
The Nissan Quest’s advanced navigation system makes every trip fun and easy. Being able to have turn-by-turn voice directions, and even be prepared with available real-time traffic reports from NavTraffic. Check the weather on NavTraffic, or tune into XM Satellite radio – just more and more awesome features!
Here’s a short video of me sharing all that I love about the 2012 Nissan Quest LE!
With so many features – I don’t want to miss sharing a thing – so here is a list of all the features the Quest offers.
Features & Options
- Auto on/off xenon (HID) headlights w/battery saver, level adjusting
- Black sash molding
- Chrome door handles
- Fog lights
- Folding body-color pwr heated outside mirrors w/integrated turn signals -inc: auto tilt-in-reverse feature, mirror memory
- Intermittent rear window wiper w/washer
- P235/55R18 all-season tires
- Rear privacy glass
- Rear roof spoiler
- Roof rack side rails
- Temporary spare tire w/steel wheel
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- (4) coat hangers
- 12-volt pwr outlets in center cluster & cargo area
- 1st row center console
- 2nd row center console (removable)
- 2nd row fold-flat captains chairs w/adjustable head restraints
- 2nd/3rd row manual side sunshades
- 3rd row quick release fold-flat bench seat w/adjustable head restraints -inc: pwr return seatback
- 4-way pwr front passenger seat
- 8-way pwr driver seat -inc: driver seat position memory
- 9.3GB Music Box for digital music storage & playback
- AM/FM stereo w/CD player -inc: 4.3″ color display, iPod/USB connection located in center console, speed-sensitive volume (SSV), radio data system (RDS), MP3/WMA playback capability
- Auto-cinch rear liftgate closure
- Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror w/HomeLink
- Bluetooth w/steering wheel switches
- Bose pkg -inc: Bose audio system w/(12) speakers & subwoofer
- Conversation mirror (Replaces sunglasses holder)
- Cruise control w/illuminated steering wheel controls
- Drive computer -inc: avg speed, avg MPG, dual trip odometer, low fuel warning, outside temp
- Driver seat pwr lumbar adjustment
- Driver/passenger seatback storage
- Dual front/rear cup holders on center console
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Dual one-touch pwr sliding doors w/selective unlock function & auto-reverse
- DVD entertainment system -inc: A/V center w/DVD/CD player, (2) wireless headphones, remote control, rear 11″ VGA display, dash mounted 7″ color QVGA display, flash memory, 120V (150W) inverter, aux audio/video input jack in console, driver concentration switch for rear entertainment
- Engine immobilizer
- Folding style front & rear passenger assist grips
- Footwell lamps
- Front bucket seats w/adjustable head restraints
- Front door map pockets
- Front/rear air conditioning w/tri-zone auto temp controls -inc: advanced climate control system (plasma cluster ion generator, grape polyphenol microfilter, advanced auto recirculation)
- Full floor carpeting
- Heated front seats
- In-glass diversity antenna
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer, coolant temp
- Interior lighting -inc: front map lights, 2nd/3rd row reading lights, cargo area light
- Leather door trim
- Leather seating surfaces
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Locking glove box
- Nissan intelligent key keyless entry w/push button ignition
- Nissan navigation system -inc: hard drive based navigation system w/XM NavTraffic, XM NavWeather, Zagat Survey restaurant review information *Navigation not available in HI or AK. Operable in the contiguous 48 states only.*
- One-touch pwr liftgate
- Pwr door locks w/auto lock
- Pwr windows w/driver/front passenger auto up/down & driver anti-pinch feature
- Rear window defogger
- Security alarm system
- Side sill spoiler w/chrome accent
- Steering wheel audio, cruise & navigation controls w/voice recognition function
- Storage bin in cargo area
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Wood tone interior trim
- XM satellite radio
- CVT transmission
- Front stabilizer bar
- Front wheel drive
- Pwr 4-wheel vented disc brakes
- Pwr speed-sensitive rack & pinion steering
- 3-point front seat belts -inc: adjustable upper anchors, pretensioners, & load limiters
- 3-point rear seat belts w/height adjusters
- 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Blind spot warning system
- Child safety rear door locks
- Electronic brake distribution (EBD) & brake assist (BA)
- Front seat-mounted side-impact airbags
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Lower Anchors & Tethers for Children (LATCH)
- Nissan advanced air bag system (AABS) -inc: driver & front passenger dual stage airbags, occupant sensors
- RearView Monitor
- Roof-mounted side curtain airbags for all rows
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TBMS) w/easy fill tire alert
- Traction control system (TCS)
- Vehicle dynamic control (VDC)
Check out my past reviews when Sutherlin Nissan gave me the opportunity to drive a 2013 Nissan Altima and a 2012 Nissan Juke!
Remember, Sutherlin Nissan of Orlando is offering my readers a $25 giftcard if you come in and test drive this or any other vehicle! And even better, if you decide to purchase any vehicle from them, mention you read about them on Trippin’ with Tara and they will give you $500 off your purchase! Stop by their office, located at 1983 N Semoran Blvd., Orlando, FL 32807. They have an awesome sales team that is ready to meet you and show you their incredible inventory at affordable prices.
*Sutherlin Nissan Orlando gave me the opportunity to review a 2012 Nissan Quest LE for 4 days. All opinions are my own.