Join Disney’s #DreamBigPrincess Celebration for International Day of the Girl
Announced today on the Disney Parks Blog, the “Dream Big, Princess” campaign is inviting Disney fans to Disney bound in outfits inspired by their favorite female Disney characters. Up to $1,000,000 will be donated by sharing photos on social media by tagging #DreamBigPrincess.
Join the movement on October 11th
Join the movement on October 11th, United Nations’ International Day of the Girl – by posting a photo and encouraging your social media followers to #DreamBigPrincess and Disney bound for kids everywhere!
Also, keep an eye out for the premiere of the #DreamBigPrincess video series this month. The series will be celebrating some inspiring stories and wisdom from female trailblazers representing all types of industries and around the world. There are 21 talented young women from 13 countries being featured.
When? October 10th – November 20th
For each like or share of a public photo or video with #DreamBigPrincess on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter will unlock a US $1 donation from Disney Worldwide Services to Girl Up, the United Nations Foundation’s program supporting girls’ leadership and empowerment (minimum donation: $500,000/maximum donation: $1 million).
The initiative is part of Disney’s ongoing “Dream Big, Princess” campaign encouraging kids everywhere to dream big by highlighting key story moments and inspiring qualities that each Disney Princess showcases through her adventures, such as Merida’s bravery, Cinderella’s kindness or Tiana’s perseverance.
Making a difference is simple:
- Share a photo of yourself Disney bounding as your favorite female Disney character on Oct. 11th – along with a description of why they inspire you.
- Include the hashtag #DreamBigPrincess.
- Encourage your audience to do the same.
- Unlock donations to inspire and support children everywhere!
Want more info? Find
Latest posts by Trippin with Tara (see all)
- Ben Whishaw and Emily Mortimer of Mary Poppins Returns - December 14, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns Review - December 12, 2018
- Lin-Manuel Miranda: Mary Poppins Returns Interview - December 11, 2018