Disney invited us to check out Holidays at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and boy, were we impressed.
First, let me say if you can visit the Disney World Parks this time of year, it’s really a treat. The parks aren’t too crowded, and the weather is perfection. And the holiday decorations are beautiful and so well thought out for each area of the park.
Holidays at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
We took advantage of the fast passes we received, and our first ride was Pandora, Flight of Passage. It is my favorite ride, period. I wish I could ride it every day because you leave off the ride feeling amazing. The land of Pandora has some cute little holiday decor throughout the area.
Then we went to Africa to do the safari. It was around 5:30, the sun was beginning to go down, and the animals were out and active. Now, I have been to Animal Kingdom numerous times, and it’s rare to see cheetahs and hyenas hanging out. Truly the best time to visit is during the Holidays at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
We then had a Dole Whip, because, well, Dole Whip. The rum-infused drink is available at Animal Kingdom’s dessert-only destination, Tamu Tamu. After our tasty treat, we then headed to Everest. While walking over, we saw so many gorgeous decorations. The lanterns in Asia were breathtaking.
Again, a suggestion, if you can do Everest at sunset, you will not see a more beautiful view. I wish I kept my phone out, but you know, safety first…but the ride is so fun, and the view at that particular time is a bonus.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Joins in the Holiday Fun for the First Time
Disney’s Animal Kingdom will introduce the biggest holiday season in its two-decade history, with festive new entertainment and holiday décor in every land. Daytime and nighttime, guests will experience the majesty of nature and holiday magic. Here is some of what’s in store:
In the heart of the park, on Discovery Island, guests will find themselves immersed in a magical scene. By day, stylized, life-sized animal puppets mingle with villagers who make the island their home. As day becomes night, rooftop luminaries in animal shapes and bird lanterns throughout Discovery Island will bring a warm glow to the village.
Tree of Life
- As the sun sets, the Tree of Life will awaken with a series of wintry tales emerging from within, backed by a familiar and heartwarming holiday musical score. Between awakening moments, the Tree of Life will shimmer and sparkle throughout the night, alive with the magic of nature and the spirit of the holidays.
- Dinoland, U.S.A. will rock out with the DJ-led “Holiday Hoopla Dance Party with Chip ‘n Dale” and plenty of interactive fun and games. Throughout the land, characters gathered for “Donald’s Dino-Bash!” will get in the holiday spirit with colorful costumes.
- Asia – The residents of Anandapur have decorated the theater district in celebration of Diwali, the Holiday Festival of Lights in India. The residents of Anandapur have decorated with Glowing flowers, lanterns, and more will illuminate the main square leading to the waterfront stage, home to authentic, and colorful cultural performances.
- The village of Harambe in Africa will welcome guests with a unique holiday presentation. Fusing Western traditions with the colors and texture of authentic African celebrations, colorful costuming, and new music flavors each performance.
- Tusker House diners get their merry on as Safari Donald Duck, and his pals spread holiday cheer.
- Guests will find out-of-this-world holiday fun at Pandora – The World of Avatar. Ex-pats living and working on the moon of Pandora roll out seasonal cheer. There is a display at Pongu Pongu of whimsical holiday décor, pairing vintage pieces from Earth with items handcrafted from materials indigenous to Pandora.
- A Christmas tree will tower over the park entrance and decorated with traditional ornaments and hidden animals. Yes, that tree that is behind us. lol, the lights were out on the top, so we didn’t get a nice photo.
- You Have to Remember – 9/11, 20 Years Later - September 11, 2021
- Creating the Perfect Look with a Maxi Dress - October 20, 2020
- Brand Better Giveaway - October 6, 2020
Animal Kingdom is an amazing park