Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Sauce #recipe
This is a super quick, easy and delicious Spicy Chicken Pasta in Cream Sauce Recipe that you will love!
- 2 - 3 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T of a mixture of Cavender's Seasoning and Garlic Pepper
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c half and half
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T finely minced garlic
- 4 T butter
- 4 T flour
- 1 can Rotel original diced tomatoes and green chilies drained
- 1 box of pasta (I used whole grain14.5 oz Barilla penne pasta) cooked
- Season chicken with seasoning mixture. Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet then add chicken and cook over medium - high heat until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove any left over oil from the pan. Add butter and flour and mix over medium - high heat for about a minute. Add garlic and continue to cook for another 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken broth and half and half. Return the heat to medium - high and stir continuously as the sauce comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, turn heat to medium - low and stir in rotel until mixed well. Add cheese and stir until the cheese if fully incorporated.
If you don’t love it spicy, no worries. I suggest you use the mild Rotel instead of the original.