I have been to Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom too many times to count. Thanks to living so close to the theme park most of my life and now working so closely with Disney for my blog, I get to visit quite often. This time the invite was to cover Christmas at Magic Kingdom 2017. Once again I am wowed by all the magic that one company can bring to any occasion. I mean, there is nothing like Cinderella’s castle at Christmas time. It’s just magical!
Christmas at Magic Kingdom 2017
Joining me this year, my daughter Madi and a couple of family friends. We enjoyed ever moment of the festivities, especially the short lines and special holiday shows.
It’s a Christmas party like no other, with joyous music, a shimmering Cinderella Castle, characters in their festive finery and the Magic Kingdom decked out and made even more magical for merry-making guests of all ages. Each specially ticketed, limited-attendance event features an exclusive performance of Holiday Wishes fireworks and the earliest performances of other spectaculars like Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade, the Frozen Holiday Wish castle-lighting ceremony and Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration stage show. The special party – complete with cookies, cocoa and snow flurries – begins at 7 p.m., after regular park hours. Parties will be held on November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28, and December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22.
A Frozen Holiday Wish
Behold an enchanting performance to melt a frozen heart. Royal sisters Anna and Elsa lead a celebration on the Castle Forecourt Stage nightly Nov. 9-Dec. 31. Featuring special appearances by rugged mountain man Kristoff and lovable snowman Olaf, this merry-and-bright seasonal show culminates in Queen Elsa using her incredible powers to present a gift to everyone in the kingdom – transforming Cinderella Castle into a glimmering, shimmering ice palace for the holidays.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
Feel the holiday magic come alive in a jubilant stage show that fills the air with music, laughter and shimmering snowflakes.
Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season fireworks beginning at 10:00 pm.
Mickey’s Once Upon A Time Christmastime Parade at 8:30pm and 11:00pm. Please check the park guide for additional entertainment offerings and schedule changes.
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: Mickey and his pals invite some of their friends over for an unforgettable Christmas party. Filled with music, dancing, color and fun on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage! The celebration features medleys of delightful holiday songs both classic and contemporary. With magical projections and beloved Disney characters including Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Fantasyland friends.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish: Arendelle royalty and their lovable snowman visit Magic Kingdom Park to help everyone feel the wintry chill in the air and love in their hearts. “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” presented on the Castle Forecourt Stage, features Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff. Elsa lets it go and uses her icy powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a sparkling palace of ice.
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks– Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: This holiday nighttime spectacular lights up the skies above Cinderella Castle. Watch the breathtaking fireworks and hear beloved music.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride down Main Street, U.S.A. in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Santa Claus, gingerbread men, elves, reindeer and other friends from the North Pole join Mickey and his pals for the happiest holiday parade.
- Club Tinsel, located inside Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland, becomes the coolest place to get down with a DJ and some North Pole pals in the cheeriest dance party this side of Santa’s Workshop!
- “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” – Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch join host Haley Comet for an intergalactic musical revue on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The show is full of modern twists on classic holiday songs and the coolest dance numbers in town!
- Santa Claus is coming to town! – When he’s not appearing in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” Santa drops in on the Town Square Courtyard near City Hall over on Main Street, U.S.A, where Guests can whisper their fondest wishes to him.
*I was hosted my Disney to share Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party with you. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Trippin with Tara (see all)
- Domhnall Gleeson Plays General Hux - December 14, 2017
- Cast of The Last Jedi Interview - December 13, 2017
- Gwendoline Christie plays Captain Phasma in The Last Jedi - December 12, 2017