Eat, Drink and be Merry – Christmas Treat and Cocktail
Getting a text from one of your friends at 9:30 pm to help taste test a martini recipe and help make some cookies for a cookie exchange she has the next day isn’t something you pass up. Especially if you know my cute and very fun friend Michele, and knowing a blog opportunity was possible, I HAD to go “help” taste test.
She took these off Pinterest, and so neither of these are her or my recipes. If she knew the links she got them from I would totally share them here. And when I did a search, there are so many with no original source to be found. So I can’t give credit where credit is due, but I will say both recipes are super easy and are VERY yummy!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup (4 ounces) light rum or vodka
- ½ cup (4 ounces) blue curacao
- ½ cup (4 ounces) cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 10 to 12 ice cubes
- Mix together and strain into martini glass. Rim the glass with shredded coconut.
We used rum, and again, it was so good! (we also didn’t measure anything)
For the cookies, it’s 3 ingredients, and so simple that this is now going to be a staple cookie in our family Christmas cooking making day.
- 1 bag Pretzels, the smaller the better
- Rolo pieces - as many as you'd like to make
- M&M's - as many as you'd like to make, and for this the holiday bag work best for red and green
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Lay out pretzels on the pan
- Put a Rolo on top of each pretzel. They won't fit perfect but will melt inside the pretzel.
- Place Rolo/Pretzel combo in the oven for 5-10 minutes. The Rolo will not be completely melted, just enough where you can squish an M&M on top. Do this immediately for you want the Rolos to be soft.
The perfect mixture of salty, chocolately carmel crunch is addicting. I warned you!
As a taste tester, my mouth was very satisfied. Two very perfect holiday treats!