Today is the day that many of us have been waiting for, Captain America: Civil War in now in theaters. Going in, you may have picked a side, Team Cap or Team Iron Man. I am a Team Cap girl, but once you see the film, as Director Joe Russ shared, “We were committed to making sure that when we got to the end, the audience would have a tough time deciding who was right.” I have to say, by the end of the movie, I can honestly see both sides. And that left me eagerly awaiting the next one.
Marvel’s “Captain America: Civil War” finds Steve Rogers leading the newly formed team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. But after another incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability, headed by a governing body to oversee and direct the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers, resulting in two camps—one led by Steve Rogers and his desire for the Avengers to remain free to defend humanity without government interference, and the other following Tony Stark’s surprising decision to support government oversight and accountability.
Captain America: Civil War Review
I can whole-heartedly say that this is a movie that the whole family will love! I don’t want to give anything way, so instead, here are some fun facts about the film.
- To bring “Captain America: Civil War” to the big screen, the Russo Brothers had to figure out which Avengers would side with Team Cap and which ones would ally with Team Iron Man. After careful consideration, they decided on a split of characters. This split puts Falcon, Winter Soldier, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Scarlet Witch on Team Cap, leaving Black Widow, War Machine, Vision and Black Panther following Team Iron Man.
- Keep a lookout for one of the most advanced automobiles in the world, which T’Challa/Black Panther drives. The filmmakers turned to Audi, who provided the production with their newest hi-tech concept car for the shoot. It’s can only be seen in Captain America: Civil War. The car is pretty amazing. It has all the newest technology that Audi has, but it has never been put into production, until now. Take a look here.
- Speaking of Black Panther, he’s a new Super Hero to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Played by Chadwick Boseman, this highly anticipated character comes in not agreeing with either side in the Civil War because he has his agenda. Another fun fact – Black Panther will feature in his standalone film in 2018.
- They kept Chris Evans a little old-school with Captain America’s fighting style based on martial arts like Judo, Karate, Tae Kwan Do and Aikido. But, Black Panther, one of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. He has more of a flowing martial arts style based on Capoeira, which is a form of Brazilian martial arts that combines acrobatics, dance and music. There is also a Chinese influence in his style with the use of Kung Fu.
- Keep an eye out for some of Jeremy Renner‘s new weapon as he returns as Hawkeye. He has a collapsible baton for close-in fighting. His iconic bow has undergone some modifications as well. It is now left-handed for the actor, lighter in weight and easier to handle. He also sports a different look, with a full- sleeved jacket instead of a vest, as well as a return to the more traditional purple color.
- Anthony Mackie‘s character Falcon got some upgrades to his suit. It has much more of an Avenger look now that his suit is more high-tech and streamlined, not to mention his favorite part—some flashy red on the wings.
- With Scarlet Witch now a full-fledged Avenger, Elizabeth’s Olsen’s costume received an upgrade equal to her new status. She now has a leather Super Hero outfit with a coat designed with movement in mind. And her powers are so fun to watch on-screen.
- Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man suit received some tweaks for “Captain America: Civil War.” The new suit is streamlined and looks more high-tech to fit the times. The helmet no longer has cables that snap into the back of it and antennas shoot up from the bottom. The regulator also has no dial on it.
As I mentioned, the film is for the whole family. I had a friend share her son’s review with me last night. Meet Ricky, a Marvel fanatic, and hear what he thought of Captian America: Civil War.
Don’t forget to stay through the credits! And hey, I’d love to know to hear what you thought after you see the film. Mix feelings on who’s right? Strong feelings? Tell me in the comments below!
Check out the Disney Personalization Store
Disney Store NOW has a Personalization Store! Yes! How awesome is that? All you have to do is choose an item you’d like to have. Then pick your character and completely personalize it, even by adding your name. It’s no secret I’m #TeamCap, and I chose this really cool iPad mini Case. I take it pretty much everywhere I go, so it’s easy to show the world what team I am on. Some of the options you can choose from are clothing, tech accessories, home decor, watches bags, and so more. What are you going to order?