For those that know me, it’s not a secret I am the biggest wannabe geek. I am not a Star Wars freak, and I don’t know all things Disney. I wish I knew when a Marvel movie wasn’t true to the comics, but I love the history of Disney, the entertainment of it all, and I can appreciate those deep rooted fans out there and know that I could never get even close to being as insanely cool. But the thing is, I just don’t know how to be that crazed fanatic and know-er of all things of anything really. I know a little about a lot of things more than a lot about one thing. So to say that I am as geeked out as this wanna be geek can be about an invite to experience D23 from August 14-16th with the ones I wished to be like most…ahhh, this is an experience like no other Disney events I have attended.
Later this week I am heading back to LA, but this time to hang out in Anaheim for the place to be if you are a Disney fanatic, D23. What is D23 exactly? It’s the official fan club of Disney that was started in 2009, with a biennial exposition event that is basically the Disney equivalent to Comic Con.
Did you see who that was in the beginning of the video? John Lasseter! One of the many panel sessions I will be attending is the one hoted by Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios abut the upcoming films, and it hosted by John Lasseter. How freaking amazing is that?
Follow Me at D23
That is one of the long lists of the #D23EXPO sessions I will be attending. I will be covering #Playmation, #TheMuppets, #DisneySide, #DMEd23, #ShareYourLegacy and of course with Disneyland and California Adventure on the itinerary, #Disneyland60.
- John Lasseter session – After meeting the Emotions inside the mind of an 11-year-old, taking a trip to San Fransokyo, where a boy genius and his robot save the world, and falling in love with a queen with icy powers who wants to “let it go,” come see where Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios plan to take you next. In what has become a D23 EXPO must-see, host John Lasseter, chief creative officer of Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, presents this in-depth look at the animation studios’ slate. Filmmakers will unveil never-before-seen footage from Pixar’s upcoming THE GOOD DINOSAUR and FINDING DORY and Disney Animation’s ZOOTOPIA and MOANA. The event will include surprise announcements, musical performances, and appearances by the films’ star voice talent.
- Playmation is the next step in the evolution of play, where digital gets physical and imagination becomes real. The groundbreaking system of toys and wearables uses smart technology to inspire kids to run around and use their imaginations, as they become the hero or heroine of stories from Disney, Marvel and Star Wars. Playmation Marvel’s Avengers will hit shelves this October. Star Wars and Disney Frozen systems are currently in development for 2016 and 2017, respectively.
- Calling all Muppet fans! Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work with the Muppets? Here’s your chance to find out firsthand when ABC presents a panel on the magic and art of being a Muppet Performer. Join these creative artists and some of your favorite characters, along with a few surprise guests, for a rare and unforgettable demonstration of what it takes to bring these iconic and enduring personalities to life. The new series “THE MUPPETS” premieres Tuesday, 9/22 at 8/7c on ABC.
- Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes: Live Action at The Walt Disney Studios panel in Hall D23
Disney, Marvel and Lucasfilm are home to some of the planet’s best storytellers, immersing audiences fully in the world of each film from beginning to end and beyond. In this exclusive Hall D23 presentation, join Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn for a tour of upcoming live-action projects from these legendary film studios. A bevy of special guests will be on hand to offer a look at an unparalleled slate that includes ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS, THE JUNGLE BOOK, MARVEL’S CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS—and much, much more.
- WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS SHORT FILMS COLLECTION breakfast followed by a Q&A with a few of the shorts filmmakers/animators: Peter Del Vecho, Dorothy McKim, Mark Henn and Mike Gabriel in support of the 8/18 release on Blu-ray and Digital HD
That is just a small look at all the fun in store! Follow all the hashtags on all social media channels, and because I can, I promise to have some great video live on my Periscope channel TrippinWithTara.