Lobster Corn Chowder
With all the travel that I do, I can say that I eat very, very well. So well in fact, that I get super excited when I am able to learn a new amazing recipe from a phenomenal cook. Meet my dear friend Candace, owner of the blog Life in Pleasantville.
My adventure to Ottawa, Canada gave my taste buds a vacation of their own. There are several recipes that I was very fortunate in trying from Candace’s blog and I plan on sharing many of them and linking my readers to her site for you to get the recipes and ask her any questions you have directly to her to answer.
This is hands down the BEST chowder I have ever tried! You could even enjoy without the lobster if you wish….or even sub it out with crab, scallops or shrimp. Or make it a seafood chowder with a little of all of the above. I want everyone to give this a try! Tell me what you think! It is so very, very good!
Here are the ingredients – go to her site for the directions!
- 10 ounces of cooked lobster meat
- 8 cups frozen peaches and cream corn kernels, thawed
- 3 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 8 bacon slices, chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 3/4 cup peeled and finely diced carrots
- 2/3 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 cups bottled clam juice
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 6 tbsps sour cream
- 2 tbsps butter
- 3 tbsps chopped fresh chives
- Go to Life in Pleasantville for instructions on how to make Lobster Corn Chowder Recipe