OK, so with having a few friends lately wanting to share their yummy holiday recipes, this one today comes from my personal chef (in my dreams!) Tiffany. She is always baking or cooking something up in her kitchen that has my mouth watering the moment I walk into her home. Over Thanksgiving she made an Iron Skillet Pecan Pie and really wanted me to share it with my readers. I think if you love pecan pie, you will love this recipe. It was a sticky slice of heaven.
Iron Skillet Pecan Pie Recipe
- 1 refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bourbon OR vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Fit piecrust into a 10-inch cast-iron skillet
- Sprinkle piecrust with powdered sugar
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until foamy
- Whisk in brown sugar and next 6 ingredients.
- Pour mixture into piecrust
- Top with pecan halves
- Bake at 325° for 30 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 300°, and bake 30 more minutes. Turn oven off, and let pie stand in oven, with door closed, 3 hours.
Here are a few images to help you along!
Let me know if you give it a try. It seems easy enough!
Got a great recipe you want me to share? Email Me!
Latest posts by Trippin with Tara (see all)
- Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach - September 14, 2018
- Netflix Premiere of DreamWorks Trolls: The Beat Goes On! - August 24, 2018
- Hop On Hop Off Key West Trolley - August 15, 2018