My family loves chili. Especially this time of year when it’s seems the best way to warm up is from the inside out.
Four Bean Turkey Chili
I make a delicious Chicken Chili recipe, and it’s a favorite with my family, but on the past football Sunday, we had family over to watch the playoffs and I decided to make a new recipe. Scanning some blogs I found a few recipes and gathered some ideas and came up with this recipe. It was so good. Not too spicy. And the best part is once again, how simple it is to make.
- 1 pound of ground turkey browned and drained
- 1 (102 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans
- 1 can (15 oz) chili beans
- 1 can chili starter - I use Bush's Chili Magic starter
- 1 can (11 oz) chipotle corn - I use Green Giant
- 1/4 c chopped onions
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 t garlic salt
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 1/2 chili powder
- shredded cheese for topping
- Take all ingredients (except the cheese) and dump it all in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
- Serve with fresh onions, cheese, Fritos, and/or cornbread.
- 1 Box of Jiffy Corn Bread Mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c sour cream
- 1/4 c milk
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Grease muffin pan - makes 9 large.
- Pour mixture to fill cups halfway.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Have a good chili recipe? Tell me about it! We love chili in our house!