With Valentine’s Day rapidly approaching, I wanted to share some wildly romantic and out of the box getaway ideas that far surpass the typical roses or chocolates.
From an exclusive private island accessible only by yacht to the “Romance Package” at one of Europe’s most famous wine hotels, these accommodations are sure to make your Valentine fall in love all over again.
To help travelers who can’t seem to decide from the breadth of romantic options, Booking.com (the #1 accommodation website) has created a list of the top hotels in some of the most romantic destinations around the world that will complete your Valentine’s Day surprise.
Romantic and Out of the Box Getaway Ideas
Little Palm Island Resort & Spa, Little Torch Key, Florida
For those who want to leave the passport at home, head down to the Florida Keys and take the complimentary motor yacht shuttle to this secluded and romantic island.
· Start your vacation with a complimentary welcome cocktail, the Gumby Slumber, chilled champagne and fruit
· Step out of your bungalow onto the private verandah for gorgeous views of the ocean and to take a dip in your private hot tub
· Relax and unwind at the full service spa or on-site garden, library or yoga classes
Relais San Sanino, Torrita di Siena, Italy
This exclusive country house retreat in the Tuscan countryside offers four rooms ensuring couples a romantic stay.
· Enjoy private massages in each suite’s private spa bath and cozy up next to your Valentine in front of your personal fireplace
· Escape the rustic-style suite into the private gardens or take a dip in the saltwater Infiniti pool, situated in the hotel’s olive grove
Las Ventanas Al Paraiso, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Facing the Sea of Cortez, Las Ventanas Al Paraiso is a luxurious hotel that is sure to impress with wine cellars, hot tubs and private infinity pools.
· Enjoy a unique arrival to Mexico by indulging in the welcome bottle of tequila in each room (worm optional)
· Stunning views of the local landscape are magnified with the telescope in each suite
· Dine in one of three AAA Five Diamond Award winning hotel restaurants
The Yeatman, Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
This classic wine hotel, located in the middle of the city that gave its name to Port wine, offers guests a special romantic package, breakfast in bed and a terrace with panoramic views of Porto and the River Douro.
· Enjoy sparkling wine, water, strawberries with chocolate and fresh flowers upon arrival
· Indulge in specialty Portuguese wines every Thursday during the hotel wine tasting
· Share a romantic meal of authentic Portuguese cuisine made with fresh, local produce at the Yeatman Restaurant