How did I come upon The Best Vegetable Chili Recipe? I shared my The Best and Easiest Chicken Chili Recipe not too long ago. It’s a favorite. However, recently we had a family member over for football and chili. They have given up eating meat, yet my family requested I make chili. What to do? Simple, I left the meat out. I just put more beans in and made a few other little changes. Wow, it came out so good! So here you go!
The Best Veggie Chili – Recipe
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 c chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can of tomatillos drained (18.75 oz)
- 2 cans chunky diced tomatoes & green chilies (10 oz)
- 1 can green chiles (7 oz) (chopped)
- 2 small cans white corn with chipolte
- 2 cans chili beans spicy (15 oz)
- 2 cans white beans (15 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
Put all ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix together well. Cook on low for 4 hours.
I bought the whole green chilies and chopped them in my Ninja, but you can save that step and buy the diced green chilies instead if you wish.
The tomatillos are whole green tomatoes. I leave them until the end and then squish them all up. They add a really nice flavor! I serve it with cornbread on the side.