“Bless our hearts to hear in the breaking of bread.”
Father John Giuliani
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
Hello Everyone! Sharing food is the most universal cultural experience, which connects us to each other, nature, and to the nourishment of our souls. Since it’s the start of the week, let’s break bread the sweet way-the banana chocolate chip way! It’s easy to make, is great toasted with spreads, and of course it’s great cooled off as well.
- For the dry ingredients you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I used gluten free wheat flour)
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- A big pinch of flax seed
- Chocolate chips to your liking
- For the wet ingredients:
- 4 ripe bananas, nicer on the soft side
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Start with 2 bowls, because for those that bake, you already know, mix the dry ingredients in one, the wet in another, and then combine.
- After both are combined, put in greased mini loaf pans, or one regular size loaf pan.
- Bake at for 20-30 minutes.
This is a vegan recipe, which typically scares all the kids, and even adults out of taking a taste. I can assure you, you need not fear;)
There are many elements to eating, and for myself, I now choose a non harming approach.
For now, let’s stick to the benefit of deliciousness!
Share with me some of your favorite foods.
And I’ll pick a few to see if I have a recipe, or can create one, for a vegan alternative.
Let’s give it a try? What’s to lose…except making some animals happy!
Have a great week!
Lover of Ashtanga Yoga, Plant strong nourishment, and a thirst for learning. We're all in this together, Namaste!