Zootopia just broke the billion-dollar mark at the box office. It’s the 4th animated film ever to do so and what better way to celebrate with the creators than owning it for yourself beginning today. Zootopia is now on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD and the bonus features that include candid conversations with filmmakers like Byron Howard, Rich Moore, and Clark Spencer, as well as some of the animators behind Zootopia. There is also an alternate opening, some never-before-seen characters and deleted scenes and of course there has to be some hidden Easter Eggs that make reference to Disney Animation’s most beloved films and characters.
Zootopia Blu-ray Bonus Features
Here’s a look at some of the things I got to see while attending the Zootopia press day that you can now check out for yourself with the purchase of the in-home version of the movie.
- Zoology: The Roundtables – Ginnifer Goodwin hosts an in-depth look at the movie’s characters, animation, environments and more. The artists at Disney Animation give a rare and in-depth look at the complexities of bringing an all-animal world to life from the ground-breaking technology behind the characters’ fur and clothing to the varied and vast environments of Tundratown, Sahara Square and the Rainforest District as well as the deep thought and research given to bringing 64 unique animal species to life through animation.
- Z.P.D. Forensic Files – Find the movie’s hidden Easter Eggs. Every city has its hidden gems, especially when it has been created by the filmmakers of Disney Animation who love nothing more than sprinkling hidden references to some of Disney’s greatest animated features throughout the story.
- Scoretopia – Academy Award winning composer, Michael Giacchino spotlights five of cinema’s greatest percussionists and how they brought an organic, animalistic sound to his powerful and emotional music score.
- Deleted Characters – Directors Byron Howard and Rich Moore introduce citizens of Zootopia who did not make the final cut.
- Alternate Opening – Young Judy Hopps rescues a fellow classmate and realizes she can reach beyond a life in carrot farming to a future in law enforcement.
- Wild Times! Pitch – Nick desperately pitches the bankers of Zootopia on funding Wild Times!, an amusement park made exclusively for the predators of Zootopia and a sure-fire, money-making scheme for Nick and his friends.
- Alternate Homesick Hopps – After a frustrating first day on the force, Judy has a conversation with her parents. See how this scene changed from a heartfelt conversation with her parents to tough love when her parents discover their daughter is only a meter maid and not a “real cop.”
- Detective Work – Judy borrows a fellow police officer’s computer to conduct research, which turns out to be no small task.
- Alternate Jumbo Pop – In this early version of the story where Nick was the main character, the filmmakers and Jason Bateman were able to take hustling to a new level.
- Hopps’ Apartment – When Judy’s entire family pays her a surprise visit they are shocked to discover the company she’s keeping.
- The Taming Party – In this emotional clip from an early version of “Zootopia,” Judy attends her first “taming party” and gains a deeper understanding of the plight of the predator.“
Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
- “Try Everything” Music Video by Shakira
Digital HD Exclusive –
- International Character Reel – See the variances in news reporters in Zootopia around the world!
*I attended the #ZootopiaBluray press event to share my experience with my readers. All opinions are my own.
Latest posts by Trippin with Tara (see all)
- Movie to Begin Production – Winter Garden, Florida - September 25, 2019
- The Best Interior Design Hacks For Your College Dorm - August 26, 2019
- Worth-it Fort Worth Attractions - August 25, 2019